Sunday, April 26, 2009

My first guest post: MY WIFE.


My wife painted this at work. I think that she did a really good job with it, especially considering the fact that it was her first painting. She is asleep right now so I can't ask her, but it looks like she used a sponge technique for her background. Personally, my favorite part of this painting is the background.

The only utensil (is that the proper word?) that I have used thus far in my paintings is a standard brush; I should really start using sponges and metal pieces and what not.

Well, as promised, my next painting will be posted in about a week. Until then, enjoy this painting!

3 comments:

  1. It turns out that my wife used kleenex, rather than a sponge...

    Even cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool and the sponge idea is pretty inventive. Good job Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The use of kleenex with Love as a theme, has an almost Dickens-esque feel to it.

    ReplyDelete