Sunday, April 12, 2009

My first attempt at painting. I finished this about a year ago.

This is the VERY first painting that I ever attempted. There are tons of obvious flaws with it: 1) The numbers look like a baby wrote them in, 2) I didn't attempt to add too much detail, 3) I used white Behr paint (non acrylic - non oil) from Wal-Mart to get the grey color, which DIDN'T work, and 4) The work is very, very basic.

On the other hand: 1) It was my VERY first attempt at painting, 2) I did it to impress my wife (which worked), and 3) It is an easy way to remember the date of my anniversary!

I have another painting that I have finished since then... I will post it in the coming days. Until then, I am working on something right now. Finals are coming up, so it might not get done for a good three weeks!

3 comments:

  1. I like it. Keep up the painting interest and show us more of your work. I think it's interesting how art make us learn so much about ourselves and others, how they felt and what they thought about while creating something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Gabby. I am painting something right now (I don't want to ruin the surprise), and there have been times when I have been thinking about my subject and have had some overwhelming emotions. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. To me there are no flaws in art! You are drawn to it or you aren't. It's all about expression, creativity, and perspective. It is what it is when you decide you are finished. I think this one captured some of your wedding motifs rather nicely.

    ReplyDelete