Sunday, February 6, 2011

Next...

I have been thinking a lot about all of the really good, unforgettable paintings that I have ever encountered.  I have come to the conclusion that all of my favorite paintings are masteries of light and color.  As such, I have been working on my coloring and color mixing techniques.

I have a really long way to go until I get to anything worth feeling seriously happy about, but I like the progress that I seem to be making.

I was once inspired by a photo of an old Native American male.  After some painting, my inspiration changed to an image that I had in my head of a Native American female.  After some more painting, this became my inspiration...

I think that it ended up looking a little cartoon-ish, but I really enjoyed painting the headdress.



No comments:

Post a Comment